Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let's Blog!

I did it! I finally did it! Starting a blog has been on my heart for some time. I've been writing things down for months and I've felt a nudge from God to start sharing some of these things. After much prayer, cues from God and encouragement from my husband and some dear girl friends, here it is. I will be obedient and share what God lays on my heart...from my quiet time with Him, from being a wife & mom, from our homeschooling adventures, from my journey to become a runner, from learning to become a good cook, and from randomness of day to day life. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I am leaving my pride and worries of what others might think behind and am stepping into what God is calling me to do. My hope is that the words I share may inspire you...or some days simply entertain you, and that God is glorified. 

3 comments:

  1. A very exciting adventure, indeed! I can't wait to read what the Lord lays on your heart! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jemma! I love your blog! Its very exciting and I look forward to following you and Scott on your amazing journey through life, love, cooking and most importantly, your spiritual journey.

    I want to share with you what just came over me! As I write this now, I am in tears! I too have a blog and it just hit me that I have never once shared the Lord and what he's done in my life. As I sit here asking myself WHY, the only thing I can come up with is that I have neglected him! I have been selfish! I have shared many fun things we have done as a family, a few recipes, and my love for farm life, but not once have I given the glory to God for making that possible by the blessings we receive...daily. I can't wait to get home to my computer to start my next blog.

    Thank you Jemma! You have already made a positive difference with your blog. You are a very special woman!

    Alison
    www.alisnwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alison! Means so much coming from my life-long friend! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I've enjoyed being able to keep up virtually and look forward to following along on your family adventures, too.

    ReplyDelete