Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This Week's Menu: Oct. 17th-23rd

Sunday:
B: Donuts at Church
L: At The Yates'
D: Homemade Pizza Night


We have been on the go so much in the past couple of weeks (that's why I haven't posted menus.) I decided that I needed to detox and get back to making healthier choices for my family. I found a plan by Dr. Oz  to help get me back on track. I've modified parts of it for the girls. My favorite part of this plan: I can have as much water, coffee and tea as I like! 


Monday:
B: Oatmeal & Banana/(G) Wheat Toast w/Honey, Banana
L: Tuna Salad 
      (tuna, romaine, baby carrots, tomatoes, sea salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, lemon)
      (G) Leftover pizza, tomatoes, carrots, Ranch, applesauce
Snack: Whole Grain Toast, Natural PB, 1/2 Banana
             (G) Pretzels & Apple Juice
D: Rotisserie Chicken, Broccoli, Couscous


Tuesday:
B: Oatmeal, Almonds, Strawberries
     (G) Muffins (super healthy ones made by my neighbor that does SIMMER)
L: Chicken Salad w/ Baby Spin, Veggies, Mozzarella, Olives
     (G) Turkey & Cheese Wraps, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Carrots, Ranch
Snack: Mozzarella Stick, Raw Veggies/(G) Teddy Grahams
D: Chicken, Broccoli, Couscous/Dessert: Baked Apples, Honey & Nuts


Wednesday:
B: Greek Yogurt, Berries, Almonds & Honey/(G) Muffins
L: Grilled Veggie Pita
Snack: Boiled Egg & Raw Veggies/(G) Mini Nilla Wafers
D: Shrimp, Wheat Pasta w/ Baby Spinach, Mozzarella & Olives
     (G) Wheat Spaghetti, Green Beans


Thursday: 
B: Boiled Egg, WheatToast w/PB, Banana/(G) Scrambled Eggs
L: Tuna Salad 
      (tuna, romaine, baby carrots, tomatoes, sea salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, lemon)
Snack: Tortilla w/Cream Cheese & Raw Veggies
D: Chicken, Baked Potato, Broccoli w/Parmesan Cheese


Friday:
B: Greek Yogurt, Berries, Almonds & Honey
    (G) Wheat Toast w/Honey
L: Grilled Veggie Pita
Snack: Almonds, Raw Veggies
D: Turkey Chili*/Turkey Dogs
*Actual meal from Dr. Oz is ground turkey w/onions & tomatoes, bell pepper strips. seasoning & cheese, greek yogurt, served with/in whole wheat pitas. Turkey chili is my modified version of this. 


Saturday:
B: Boiled Egg, Wheat Toast w/PB, Banana
    (G) Scrambled Eggs or Muffins
L/D: Birthday Parties - OUT



No comments:

Post a Comment