Sunday, January 2, 2011

Best Birthday Ever!

I turned 34 on December 11th. I've got to say it had to be the best birthday ever! God has blessed me with an amazing family and some wonderful friends. I was surprised with the most thoughtful gifts this year. Please don't misunderstand. It's not about the gifts, it's about the thought that each person put behind them and that so many wanted to spend my special day with me.

My day started out with a 3.5 mile run with my running buddies in Edmond. I LOVED running with them. So fun. My sweet friend, Sheri also baked this for me. How sweet is that?!?!?!

Yummy Birthday Cookie
My mom came up to spend the day with me, Scott and the girls. My mom, knowing how much I like coffee (I get it from she & my dad) shows up with this. (She also knew I really wanted one of these!)

I LOVE my Keurig!
Then she complete surprised me with these.

Picture of my Grannie & sweet poem about her aprons
My Grannie's aprons
The photo brought back so many sweet memories of my Grannie. She loved cooking for her family and she was such a good cook! I remember her always wearing aprons. She would come in from church, put on her slippers put an apron over her beautiful clothes and prepare a delicious lunch. I am thrilled to have her aprons. I was very close to my Grannie, and she had such a big influence on my life. Such a thoughtful and wonderful gift!

My SIL, Amanda, knows how much I love Williams Sonoma and Christmas. I really needed some new towels and pot holders, so she got me these. Love them! My mom's great friends, who think of me every year on my birthday, got me this book. I really like Joseph Prince and am so excited to get into this book.  So kind! 


My favorite part of my birthday was being baptized with Scott. Scott was sprinkled as a baby and I was baptized when I was 12. We had both been saved as kids and knew that we had accepted Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, but our lives haven't always reflected that. About 5 years ago, Scott and I began to really pursue a true relationship with Christ and we are no longer living our lives as Christian atheists. We thought it was time to publicly proclaim that Jesus is Lord of our lives and that we decided to follow the Lord in baptism symbolizing dying to ourselves-leaving our old sinful ways behind and doing God's will instead our ours. The old, sinful ways are buried (immersion) and we are raised up new in Christ. It was amazing! We we both in the pool together. Scott got baptized first by our church's youth pastor, then he got to turn around and baptize me along with the pastor. 








So powerful and what a gift I have in Scott. He is such an amazing, godly husband. I love him so much and appreciate how he leads our family. This was such a special time with him. 

The moment was made even more special by several people (and some extra special little people) that came to be there for us and pray over us. God has blessed our lives with some amazing, godly friends and I am so, so thankful for them. 

There is one final gift that my very thoughtful husband gave me this year. I finally got one of these.

Do you know what it is?
Both of the girls got little blue boxes while I was pregnant with them. Scott picked out beautiful coin banks for them, a rabbit for Abigail and an elephant for Ashby. I've never been given a little blue box...until now! 



He's so thoughtful! He picked the perfect thing to go inside that little blue box, too.


If you know me, you know I love very simple things and that my love language is words of affirmation. This ring is so perfect! So, so sweet. 

Such a great start to my 34th year...surrounded by some of my favorite people on this earth. Thanks to all of you that shared my birthday with me and thank you for your thoughtfulness. I love and appreciate each and every one of you so much. 

God revealed so much to me this day. I look forward to sharing more in an upcoming post...my one word for 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment