I've had several of you ask, so I thought I would post what lead to me having the procedure and the details/findings from my lapraoscopy from this past Friday. I had several ultrasounds and a CT scan that revealed there was some sort of cyst on my right ovary. The tests did not show exactly what the cyst was...a dermoid, endometriosis or something else. Since I have been in pain over the past several months and we haven't been able to conceive, the doctor recommended we go in to remove it and take a look around to see if there was anything else going on. Scott and I agreed it was time.
Dr. Martin was able to completely remove the "cyst" from my right ovary. She confirmed it was endometriosis. This was the best news! Dr. Martin told Scott & I before surgery that if it had been something else, there was a possibility that she would have to remove my right ovary or a portion of it. This news was a bit of a shock, but we put all of our hope in trust in the Lord. (Psalm 25:1) We knew that no matter what, God has a plan for us and we are completely surrendered to Him. The outcome is that the cyst is gone and I still have both ovaries. :)
Dr. Martin also found that both of my fallopian tubes were completely blocked and filled with thick, blood. She was able to clean them both out so now they will be able to function properly. My ovaries were also somehow attached to my uterus. She was able to "clean" all of that up as well and get everything back into it's correct position to where it can all work as God intended. Since this was my second lapraoscopy, Scott was sure to ask her if I would have to continue having these procedures after having babies. This should be my last one. She also said that we should have no problems conceiving. Yay!
It's day 4 post-op and I'm feeling really good. I'm no longer taking any pain meds, just ibuprofen for swelling. I was able to get both girls dressed and ready for the day and able to get myself ready and even put makeup on this morning and I'm released to drive. Life as normal resumes...well for the most part. No lifting or running, and I will continue to rest and take it easy until I have fully recovered.
Thanks for your prayers, for checking on me and for offering to help out. I feel so blessed to call all of you friends. Please continue to pray for our family as you feel led. I look forward to sharing more good news with you very soon!
I'm excited for you guys! I will continue to have you on my prayer list
ReplyDeleteJemma, I am thrilled that everything went so smoothly! I'm excited for what the next chapter is for you guys! :)
ReplyDelete