Friday, July 8, 2011

Favorite Friday-Sunday Night Pizza Night

When Scott and I were dating and living in Tulsa, every Sunday afternoon/evening, we would go to a movie, sometimes two, and after would visit Mazzio's Pizza and share a pizza and salads. Every Sunday. Even after Scott moved to Austin and I to Norman, the weekends we spent together, we did the same. The Sunday tradition continued when I moved to Austin and Scott & I married. We'd find a movie we wanted to see at one of the many great theaters in that awesome city, and then we'd head to Mangia for a Chicago-style pizza.

Scott & I on our 1st Anniversary-I was 4 months pregnant with Abigail
We moved back to Oklahoma when I was 34 weeks pregnant with Abigail. After having her, our Sunday movie dates ceased. But, we found some great local pizza places and Sunday Night Pizza Night continued. You could find us at Hideaway Pizza almost every Sunday night. The great managers and staff at the Nichols Hills location have watched Abigail and Ashby grow up! If we didn't feel like going out, we'd have Joey's Pizza, a great little pizza place in our neighborhood, deliver. Thus Sunday Night Pizza Night family style was born.

A couple of years ago, my sister in law was talking about getting a bread maker. She was going on about all the wonderful things that you could make with it. I had a bread maker and I had never used it. My grandmother gave me hers that she had barely used. I took it to Austin, it sat in the cabinet. I packed it up and moved it back to Oklahoma with us. Again, it sat in the cabinet. I had the thing for about 5 years. Never used it. I decided to get it out. It still had the instruction/recipe booklet packed inside. I was going through the recipes and came across pizza dough. Hmmm. We decided to try to make our own dough. We went to the store to buy all the necessary ingredients one Sunday afternoon, came home and threw them all right in the thing. So easy! The machine did everything for us. That night began a new Sunday Night Pizza Night tradition...homemade pizza's by Scott.

Scott chopping up fresh peppers & Abigail rolling out the dough
Sunday Night Pizza Night is my favorite night of the week. It's our tradition. It's consistent. AND we LOVE having friends and family join us for Sunday Night Pizza Night. Scott makes the best pizzas and he's always coming up with new and yummy combos. You and your family are invited. Sunday nights. 6pm. Our house. You'll be glad you came.

2 comments:

  1. I should go and check out your pizza.
    Hilda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made homemade pizza for lunch today! I love family traditions. They are so important for making memories and to the rhythm of family life. Love it!

    ReplyDelete