"But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9 NIV
This my friends, is why I share. I know who God is, and I know what I have in Him and and who I am in Him and I can't help but share. I want nothing more than my family and friends to truly know this goodness. God chose me. He chose you. We are HIS possession! My friend, Mandy said this, "WE are chosen by GOD? The One who breathed out the universe? And Who am I that HE is mindful of me???!! Blows me away...wow" YES! Wow! When things aren't going my way, I don't have to stress or worry. I know the goodness of my God. He's got the whole world in His hands. His plan is far better than what I can dream or imagine. When you truly know this, you can't help but share.
Beginning this weekend, my church, LifeChurch.tv is starting a series called, "Who Do You Think You Are?" I am beyond excited about this series. Learning more through God's word and biblical teaching about who God says I am has changed my life. Our senior pastor, Craig Groeschel put it this way, "When you know who you are, you know what to do." TRUTH! I encourage you to get to a LifeChurch.tv Campus if you are near one or check out Church Online this weekend. It's going to be powerful! I hope you will join our family.
I am thankful that God has chosen me and wants to use me. I am overwhelmed that my words, words that God has laid on my heart to share, has made an impact on lives. I will continue to be obedient to His call. May God receive all the glory and may many, many more lives know, love and serve only Him.
Additional Resources:
SOAR: http://soarwithgod.com/
- This is a free discipleship bible study written by my dear friend, Sheri Yates and our senior pastor's wife, Amy Groeschel. SOAR stands for: Seek God, Obtain Truth, Abide in the Spirit & Reach Out. I love this study and cannot recommend it highly enough. Going through this has taught me to read through God's Word to get my own revelation and has helped me, and continues to help me learn more about the goodness of our God and who He says I am.
- I will be leading a Mom's Bible Study/LifeGroup beginning in March. We will be starting with "S" and going through the SOAR curriculum. If you are interested in joining us, please let me know. We would love to have you!
No comments:
Post a Comment