I heard this song for the first time at the second Hillsong United Worship Night we attended in Norman, OK in April 2010. I LOVED it and searched all of the albums I have....my very thoughtful husband, knowing how much I love their worship music, got every Hillsong United album for me...I didn't know the name of the song, just remembered the "oh oh" part. I could not find the song on any of the albums so I forgot about it and continued to enjoy my favorites as well as their newest album, AFTERMATH.
Last Friday evening in Tulsa, Joel Houston led the crowd again in this POWERFUL song. It was quite a moment to be surrounded by thousands with hands raised, singing out in one voice, praising the name of Jesus WITH EVERYTHING. I came home and immediately did an iTunes search and found it on the Passion: Awakening album.
(I highly recommend this album, too! Lot's of great worship songs.)
Here is a great video I found on YouTube to share. Take a minute to watch and let the lyrics sink in.
The lyrics on the Passion: Awakening album and this video are a little different in the beginning, but here are the powerful words that speak straight to my heart taken from both versions:
NAME ABOVE NAMES, King above kings,
God of ALL things, There is no other Name like JESUS,
open my eyes,
break down my pride, I lay all my desires at your feet,
let HOPE rise & darkness tremble in Your Holy Light,
every eye will see Jesus our God
GREAT and MIGHTY to be praised,
WITH EVERYTHING I will shout for your glory,
WITH EVERYTHING I will shout forth your praise,
be lifted high above all names...
This is my prayer. I want my family to praise God WITH EVERYTHING. I want our lives to shine His light, His desires to be our desires and for HOPE to rise no matter what the circumstance, no matter what darkness comes, knowing that Jesus' Name is above ALL names. He is God above ALL things, He is glorious in all of His ways.
I've listened to it on repeat this week. It helps me to keep my focus on God and how POWERFUL He is rather than all the "stuff" that is going on. Go get the album on iTunes and be blessed! I hope that the song stirs you as it has me and that you find it so encouraging.
No comments:
Post a Comment