As I mentioned in the previous post, the alternator and battery went out on my Volvo Wagon on the way down to Dallas to catch a flight for our Disney World vacation. We had a magical vacation (which I plan to write about when I get to edit all of our pics) and returned home where Scott I got the girls settled with a friend and drove back down to Texas to get my wagon. We were on our way back home driving in Moore, OK on I-35 when Scott's car was struck by another car where the driver was driving about 100mph and texting. I, again, was in my car and watched the whole thing. Oh how I wish I could share the details of that night, but I cannot at this time. Scott is alive and home and we praise God for His protection. While this story is not over, we are already sure it's one that God wants us to share. We've documented the miracles and will continue to document more along the way. I promise when I am able, I will share. Join us in praising God for life and lift Scott up as he recovers.
Today, I took my trusty wagon to the Volvo shop. The check engine light decided to come on and stay on and the wagon just isn't running like she was. So, we own 3, yes 3 cars and not one of them is working right now. The BMW is crunched in a tow yard, the Volvo is in the shop and the MG, well it's been sitting in our driveway and hasn't started in a year. This along with dealing with accident is definitely reason to be frustrated and cranky, right? Sure. BUT we refuse to let these attacks dominate us. Admittedly, I was pretty cranky and mad yesterday. I let the devil steal my joy and I took my focus off my God and how big He is and placed them on my circumstances. No more! I decided this morning no matter what, I would not let this "stuff" hold me hostage. You know why? Because that's just what the devil wants. Jesus has OVERCOME so I don't need to sweat this "stuff." The verse that has come to me over and over today is John 16:33: "In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've overcome the world!"
Tonight I go to bed with a happy heart, peace of mind and a gratitude that words cannot express. We are blessed beyond measure and we will continue to praise God no matter what the devil throws at us. Thank you family and friends for your love, encouraging words and most of all your prayers. Our cup runneth over even if our cars don't.
Jemma, Praise God not only for His protection, but for your awesome attitude! You guys are certainly blessed. :)
ReplyDelete