Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Story

We had the awesome opportunity to share our family's story and how LifeChurch.tv & LifeKIDS has been such a big part of raising Christ-centered children. It was such a pleasure meeting and 'working' with LifeChurch.tv's Storyteller, Jonathan Meisner. He is so creative and super talented. Here's what he had to say about the story:
"When I received the lead on this story, it was about a little girl who lead another girl to Christ while on vacation with her family at Disney World. I met up with them at their house a few days after and just began to get to know them and discuss how were were going to shoot the piece. It didn't take long for me to realize that what happened at Disney World was only the by-product of the real story...their amazing commitment to teach and living out Christ example IN the home. It seemed everything the family did was gear towards that. With that in mind, I wanted to bring the viewer into the home and into the world of the Stemmons family. Overall, I loved how the piece turned out. It was a great representation of an incredible family, and I was thrilled to be a part of sharing their story."
Here is the sweet video that was shown at the LifeKIDS Driven Conference this past Saturday.


Our family vision, our goal is all about having a deep and personal relationship with Christ. We want to love the Lord God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our mind and with all our strength (Mark 12:30). Jonathan was right. Everything we do is centered around Christ. Church is not just something we do on Sunday. Scott and I don't leave our Campus and just forget about the message we heard. We talk about it with each other and most often with others. The same goes for our kids. We don't want our girls just to go to their class for an hour or two each weekend and learn a fun little bible story, color or do a craft and leave it at that. God's Word is ALIVE and ACTIVE! We want them to be passionate about the bible. We talk about what they learned and how it is important for us today. The talented staff at LifeKIDS gear each week's curriculum to it's age-specific audience. The bible and activities are explained/used in a way that help the children understand the message that God was sharing. The partnership that I spoke about between the church and parents is phenomenal! Everything that your child learns at LifeKIDS can be found here: http://resources.lifechurch.tv/categories/4/for-your-family for FREE! We take advantage of these resources. There are wonderful activities that you can do with you kids and awesome videos as well. You can read Abigail's story here on how she led a led a little girl to Christ and knew the prayer of salvation from watching this video.

I say this often, Scott and I are not extraordinary parents. We love our children and we love our Lord even more. We are obedient and raise our girls how He calls us to. God is our guide. Not this world or people's opinions. Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." We are training them up to love the Lord with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind, and all their strength. We pray over our children. We read the bible to them and give Abigail time each day so that she can sit and read her bible. We talk to the girls...even our two year old, about how biblical truths apply to us today and give them real-life application. None of this is forced. At 5 years and 2 years, these girls are passionate about Jesus and live to do just what the bible tells them to do...Share His Love.

God has blessed our lives with two very special little girls, an AMAZING church and some WONDERFUL people that we get to share this journey with. We are so thrilled that we got to share our story and we hope that it will be an inspiration and blessing for many. All for His glory!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jemma! I absolutely love this video and post! So thankful to know your family. Beautiful picture of God's love. I am inspired by your authenticity to live out His truth everyday. Your Sister in Christ, Jen Sears

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great post! I was teary eyed and so proud and I don't even know your sweet girls. You and your husband are extraordinary parents! God bless! Lee Anne Stone

    ReplyDelete
  3. So PRECIOUS Jemma! Loved seeing your story on video! Hope you are doing well girl!

    ReplyDelete