I made this tonight and it was so good. The girls really liked it, too. I think it's a perfect soup for the summer, so I thought I'd share the recipe.
Ingredients
1/2 c olive oil
3 carrots, peeled & diced
3 celery stalks, diced
I used 2 c frozen okra
You can also use 2 zucchini, diced
1 yellow onion, diced finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 c broth
I used chicken broth
28 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
1 small bag frozen green beans
Or 1 can green beans, undrained
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
I used 1/2 c elbow macaroni
You can use 1/2 c any tiny pasta (pearl pasta)
1 can cannellini beans, undrained
Directions
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Sautee carrots, celery, okra/zucchini, onions and garlic together until very soft. Add broth, tomatoes, green beans, basil, rosemary, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered for an hour. Add pasta and beans and cook for 30 more minutes.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment